English Footballer Michael Owen Sport Injury List
Micheal Owen is a famous English Premier League footballer who has had numerous sports injuries over his career with some famous ones at bad times.
In the following video you can see that cold laser therapy is being used by professional sports people like English Premiership footballer, Michael Owen. You will also get to see in the video the football match between Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC on the 22 September 2001. This football match was when Michael Owen played for Liverpool and when he had one of his hamstring strain injuries that needed the cold laser therapy treatment.
Footballer Michael Owen Injury List
If you are interested here is a list of sports injuries that English football player Michael Owen has had over the years playing for Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester United and England.
- 1999 – April 12: Hamstring and tendon injured playing for Liverpool at Leeds and is ruled out for three months
- 2001 – September 22: Injures hamstring against Spurs. Out for six weeks.
- 2005 – December 31: Playing for Newcastle, breaks metatarsal in defeat at Spurs. Ruled out for several months.
- 2006 – March 24: Requires surgery to tighten the screw inserted into his foot during the initial operation.
- 2006 – April 29: Returns as sub against Birmingham but suffers pain and withdraws from the final game of the season.
- 2006 – May 13: Carried off with concussion after collision with team-mate Matty Pattison in game with Watford.
- 2006 – June 20: Injures knee causing ACL ligament tear in first minute of England’s World Cup group game with Sweden in Cologne. Ruled out for at least nine months.
- 2007 – July 20: Picks up a thigh injury in pre-season training which rules him out of the first game of the new season.
- 2007 – September 17: Substituted early in the second half against Derby with a groin problem.
- 2007 – September 23: Passed fit to face West Ham but again the same injury forces him off.
- 2007 – September 25: Sam Allardyce reveals Owen has a 3cm tear in his abductor muscle which will sideline him for three weeks. He adds Owen may also require a hernia operation.
- 2007 – November 16: Suffers a thigh strain during first half of 1-0 England win over Austria.
- 2009 – January 28: Ruled out for six weeks with a cracked ankle bone sustained in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester City.