Being a Chiropractor is a Top 100 Job to Do
Every year in the United States the “Best and Worst Jobs List” is released. This list tries to highlight which occupations in the US might be the best career choice for money and satisfaction.
I saw it for the first time when it was mentioned on 5 January 2010. This was a broadcast of CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, which was being shared on Sky News TV channel.
So after finding the Best and Worst Jobs of 2010 list on The Wall Street Journal online I was interested to see if being a chiropractor made the list. Guess what, being a chiropractor made the top 100 best jobs to do in 2010 in the USA and was number 56 on the list. If you are interested in seeing the rest of the Best and Worst jobs for 2010 list then have a look below.
Table of Contents
- 1 List Best & Worst Jobs To Be In
- 2 How to Become a Chiropractor
- 3 Chiropractic UK Colleges Listing
- 4 Chiropractic Colleges Listings by US State
List Best & Worst Jobs To Be In
Here is an archive of each years rankings according to the Wall Street Journal.
Here is the official list. It looks like the average starting salary of a chiropractor in the US is $32,000 (£20,038). The average top level chiropractor salary earning $160,000 (£99,850). I have never practised in the US so I’m not up to speed on average pricing across all the states. However, it looks like a visit to a chiropractors in the US can cost up to $220 per session. So you can see that you can definitely make a good living out of this career.
I see being a stockbroker made number 77, but what about the banks bonuses?
The 200 best and worst jobs in the U.S. in 2010 are based on five criteria:
- Employment outlook,
- Physical demands,
Here is the official list. According to research done by comcast, there has been an improvement in the best job position for being a chiropractor from number 56 spot to number 32. It looks like the average mid-level chiropractor salary in the US has improved by $1000 from 2010 levels to now $68000.
Here were the top 5 jobs to do in 2011:
- Software engineer
- Computer systems analyst
Here is the official list. This year again being a doing Chiropractic as a career has improved in the position from number 56 in 2010, number 32 in 2011 to now number 19 in 2012. It looks like the average mid-level chiropractor salary is now $67,350.00, according to comcast research.
How to Become a Chiropractor
If your are interested in becoming a chiropractor in the UK you can study at the two education institutions:
- Anglo-European College of Chiropractic in Bournemouth, Dorset
- Or you can study at Glamorgan University in Glamorgan, Wales.
For any one in the USA I have also included a US Chiropractic Colleges List for each state below.
Being a chiropractor is a great job way of life and I would recommend it to anyone 🙂
Chiropractic UK Colleges Listing
- Anglo-European College of Chiropractic
Bournemouth, Dorset | +44 (0)1202 436200
13-15 Parkwood Road
- University of Glamorgan
Pontypridd, Wales | +44 (0)1443 654450
Chiropractic Colleges Listings by US State
* Telephone numbers of the chiropractic colleges are local within the USA
- Cleveland Chiropractic College | Los Angeles | (800) 466-2252
- Life Chiropractic College West | Hayward | (800) 788-4476
- Palmer College of Chiropractic – West | San Jose | (866) 303-7939
- Southern California University of Health Sciences, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic | Whittier | (877) 434-7757
- University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic | Bridgeport | (800) 392-3582
- Palmer College of Chiropractic – Florida | Port Orange | (866) 585-9677
- Life University | Marietta | (800) 543-3202
- National University of Health Sciences | Lombard | (630) 629-2000
- Palmer Chiropractic University | Iowa | Davenport | (800) 722-3648
- Northwestern Health Sciences University | Bloomington | (952) 888-4777
- Cleveland Chiropractic College | Kansas City campus | Kansas City | (800) 467-2252
- Logan College of Chiropractic | Chesterfield | (800) 782-3344
- D’Youvill College, Chiropractic Program | Buffalo | (716) 881-7793
- New York Chiropractic College | Seneca Falls | (800) 234-NYCC
- Western States Chiropractic College | Portland | (800) 641-5641
- Sherman College of Chiropractic | Spartanburg | (800) 849-8771
- Parker College of Chiropractic | Dallas | (800) GETMYDC
- Texas Chiropractic College | Pasadena | (800) 468-6839